5 reasons you NEED a jade roller (+ spring makeup essentials)
good morning! –– or, afternoon. anyone else sleep super late this morning? freelance mondays call for it sometimes!
so let’s jump right in! here are 5 reasons why you need to grab a jade roller + some of my spring makeup essentials.
& some links to take a look at:
+if you haven’t seen my home tour video on youtube, check it out!
5 BENEFITS OF THE JADE ROLLER:
but first, what is a jade roller?
“a paint roller–type tool for the face made from solid jade stone. it’s been said to decrease puffiness and under-eye circles, & minimize the look of fine lines. to use it, apply gentle pressure while rolling the tool from the center of your face in upward and outward motions.”
- if you put in in the fridge at night & then roll your face when you first wake up, it is SO refreshing! i like to wash my face then roll, then put on my oils + moisturizers as they say the jade roller primes your skin to better absorb product.
- it’s like a super affordable daily facial. the jade is a cool surface that’s smooth & allows you to access into muscles and tissues with a gentle pressure. it’s definitely the easiest way to pamper yourself regularly!
- it reduces redness + puffiness! when i wake up my eyes are always pretty puffy + my skin is more red in tone than not. i can definitely see a notable difference in my eye puffiness after i roll the little end over my under eyes!
- for me, i honestly feel like this little smooth, clean, pressurized stone being rolled over my face on a daily basis has helped with breakouts. i’ve seen far fewer blemishes pop up since i’ve started!
- it’s the perfect pairing with your favorite serum. i like to use a serum like orchid oil & roll it all over. it helps to evenly distribute it onto clean skin!
all products pictured are linked below! feel free to leave me a comment if you enjoyed the post :)
some products i've been LOVING that are pictured below:
1. the urban decay sin afterglow highligher palette! it's so perfect for summer, i've been using it every day! i love the shiny sin color; one of my favorite highlighters i've ever used.
2. chanel matte liquid lip color –– if you know me, you know i'm not a lipstick girl. i basically just wear dr. bronners chap stick every day of my life because i have never found anything i love or that is neutral enough! but i have this chanel lip color in several colors & it's more like a lip stain. it's super easy to work with & you only need a little bit to smudge around for a soft pop of color!
3. the too faced hangover primer -- this stuff smells like a pina colada! & it keeps my makeup on all day. it's a smooth, non-sticky primer & it feels weightless. love this stuff & so glad i found it!
4. laura mercier setting powder -- i heard in a youtube video that this was used on a group of bridesmaids & that after a whole wedding day full of warm weather & dancing, everyones' makeup till looked amazing, so i was sold! it goes on so naturally & i like to apply it with a damp beauty blender for even more of a natural finish.